New Movers are acquired through multiple sources including register of deeds records and new phone connect records. When someone purchases a new home, the transaction is recorded at the local county register of deeds' office. In the majority of states, these records are made available to the general public and are obtained and incorporated into the New Mover Database. New phone connect information is provided by local phone companies whenever a new phone number is connected. Approximately 82% of the records in the New Mover Database are sourced by telephone connect information with the remaining 18% coming from deed filing records. On average, records in the new mover file have been in their homes for 3 to 12 weeks when they are made available to customers with most being there for between 30 and 60 days.
Records in the new mover file have not been sourced using the USPS National Change of Address (NCOA) product. License agreements with the US Postal Service prohibit the use of NCOA in any way to create a new mover database.
Our multi-sourcing methodology ensures that our data is exceptionally accurate and comprehensive.
The database is continuously compiled and updated on the application weekly.